Monday, September 12, 2011

Anne's Laboratory: Choco Oatmeal Bars

I've been attempting to perfect this recipe which I got from my mom several months ago but it was only yesterday when I have finally gotten exactly what I wanted. I've always been struggling finding the perfect temperature since I have been using an electric oven.

For this recipe here are the things that you will need:

3 cups oatmeal

2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour with 1/2 tsp salt and 1tsp baking soda

1 cup butter

2 cups sugar

3 eggs

2 tsps vanilla

1 can condensed milk

1 1/2 cup cocoa

1 cup chopped nuts

Procedure:
1. Stir together the oatmeal, all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda.

2. Cream butter in an electric mixer while slowly adding the sugar.

3. Beat in the eggs.

4. Add in the oatmeal and flour mixture to the butter. Mix well to form a dough.

5. Line pan with wax paper and place half of the dough in the pan.

6. Heat condensed milk in the double boiler.

7. Add in the cocoa.

8. Add in the nuts.

9. Line dough with 3/4 of the chocolate mixture.


10. Place the remaining dough into the pan, carefully lining it over the chocolate mixture.

11. Top dough with remaining chocolate mixture.

12. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit over 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment