Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dear Darla by Yellow Cab


It was a very rainy afternoon when we decided to grab a bite and try out the Dear Darla Pizza by Yellow Cab. Thanks to their food delivery services, we didn't need get horridly wet just to fill our tummies. After a few minutes of waiting, the door bell rung and there it was, our order of Dear Darla Pizza.

Unlike other pizzas, this one is unique. Firstly, you can't eat this if your very very hungry. You see, this one is sliced in rectangular strips. Then you have to assemble it by lining the arugula leaves on top of the rectangular slices then topping it with alfalfa sprouts. Drizzle it with chili oil. Afterwards, you need to roll it up and voila! You can now take a bite. See... you really can't eat this when your super duper hungry!


She says...

The trouble of lining up the leaves and putting on the sprouts were worth it. It gave the pizza a distinctly delightful taste. I haven't tasted anything like this. I usually am fond of vegetarian pizza 'coz I find most pizzas very oily. (They really are, so veggie makes me less guilty when weight-watching). This one however, is truly awesome. I love it so much, I hate about 4 strips of Dear Darla assembly! I totally recommend this!

She rates: 5/5

He says...

I was skeptical when my mom told me about Yellow Cab's Dear Darla Pizza. We've all been to Yellow Cab right? Their pizzas are very delicious and they probably have one of the best pizza places but their pizza taste roughly the same to each other. Changing ham to vegetable or beef doesn't really remove the strong taste of cheese, bread and oil.

I was wrong to doubt my mom. The Dear Darla Pizza was amazing!

Unlike their normal pizzas, this pizza had fresh vegetables in it. You have to put these leaves and sprouts yourself and roll the pizza up to eat it. It's weird to be doing that in a pizza where you traditionally just cut it, take it and eat it. Having fresh vegetables (as opposed to cooked) in the pizza gives a very unique experience to your mouth.

I dare to say that this is the best pizza I've tasted so far.

He rates: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment