Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another Coffee Partner?


I've been longing to once again taste my favorite oreo cheesecake from Starbucks when my friends decided that we meet at Starbucks Megastrip tonight.  On my way here, I said to myself, finally, am going to have a bite of my favorite treat. When i ordered at the counter, the barista initially repeated my order of oreo cheesecake and suggested that i try out their new offering, the triple chocolate cheesecake. He said that it offers an even chocolatier experience. I conceded abd changed my order. Along with it,  I got my usual caramel macchiato despite the fact that i was initially tempted to try out their hazelnut frapuccino but I guess my palate tonight wasn't as adventurous.

Food ordered: Triple Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake with Caramel Macchiato
Location: Starbucks, Megastrip,  SM Megamall
Cost: P120 slice of triple chocolate fudge cheesecake; P155 grande caramel macchiato


She says...
The caramel macchiato has remained constantly balanced. It just have the right amount of creaminess and sweetness that makes this coffee truly a bittersweet symphony. I have always liked this brew.
The triple chocolate fudge cheesecake on tge other hand was indeed chocolatey.  It had brownie bits and mini kisses as toppings while cocoa was indeed discernable in the cheesecake base. The crust was still similar to that of the oreo cheesecake but since everything was chocolate, it didn't really give an added zing to the treat. I don't think this new offering trumps my regular oreo cheesecake. The latter just has this nice blend of sweet chocolatey topping, a really creamy cake and a choco bonus crust. Indeed no more second helping for me.

She rates: 5/5 caramel macchiato; 3/5 triple chocolate fudge cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment