Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Too Hungry for an Eel


It was one humid afternoon, when my sister and I was in the Pedro Gil area, we were really famished since it was around three in the afternoon and we hadn’t had our lunch yet. I guess we were having a hypoglycemic surge already. So we went to Robinson’s to look for a place to eat.

I wasn’t quite familiar with the place so she suggested that we eat at UCC. She had already eaten there and said that the food was great. So we looked at the menu and ordered.


I chose the Unagi Rice paired with lemonade while she, on the other hand, went for Omurice and got a cocoa float on the side. Food was served, all the while I thought that Unagi was beef, and lo, to my surprise, it wasn’t, to my dismay it was fish, I wasn’t pleased with the odor and was quite nauseated when I smelled it.



My sister saw me and asked me to try her food, and I liked the taste, so we decided to swap our orders. Thank heavens for that! Good grief if she hadn’t agreed, I wouldn’t have the stomach to swallow the whole dish.

The Unagi Rice didn’t quite suite my taste buds and my olfactory for that matter. I know, for an expensive dish such as that, I should have been delighted with it, but sad to say it’s not the price that matters but the taste which is of prime importance.

For the Omurice, well for me, from the taste down to the presentation, it was superb. I would recommend it to my friends. The rice and fish was cleanly wrapped inside the omelet which was quite deceiving. All the while I thought it was just a simple omelet but then, the presentation gave it a touch of mystery, which is quite important. The rice and fish were well cooked and the mixture of the flavoring was pleasing.

As for the drinks, well for the lemonade, it was quite sour; it lacked sweetness, which is important for sweet-toothed people like me, but if you prefer the sour taste then I am pretty sure you’ll love their lemonade.


As for the cocoa float, it was not what I expected it to be. After all, its price was soaring high. I thought that it was presented more elegantly but then it lacked the wow factor which can be expressed through presentation. As for the taste, well it lacked the sweetness and the richness of cocoa mixed with the ice cream. I wanted it to be creamier though, that’s the reason why it’s called a float because you want it to be creamier and better to the taste, isn’t it?


Hanna rates...
2/5 Unagi rice; 4.5/5 Omurice; 3/5 lemonade; 3/5 cocoa float

3 comments:

  1. i almost died laughing here.. never heard of unagi? dear, are you really a food blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how can you not know what an unagi is?! seriously?!

    you probably should have just asked the server what it is.

    on a different note, try their seafood salad, breakfast plates and their cliffhanger sandwich, they're pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it was my fault she had the unagi rice meal. Told her it was delicious but i never revealed to her what it meant. LOL.

    ReplyDelete