Saturday, July 9, 2011

Alain's Exploits: The Tea Bar


V-Mall (formerly Vira Mall) in Greenhills (or GH, as I call it) is not exactly known for its food choices. It's the place to go if you're looking for affordable clothes and gadget--- that is if you're a good haggler.
They do have a food court and some food shops scattered all over the mall. Since I usually go there for my gadget fix and was sorta hungry and curious, I decided to try one of the food shops I often pass by on my rounds: The Tea Bar.
The Tea Bar is a comfy enough place. It has warm lighting which is inviting and relaxing, this is specially good for eating. The chairs are soft (at least the one I sat on) and the tables were clean as should all restaurants be.
The only unusual thing about the place was the strong smell of tea. I'm saying unusual because I can't decide if it's pleasant or awful.
Their menu book looks tattered from old use and was very weird to hold and look at so I just ordered two things just to get rid of it. First is the basket of chicken.



The pieces were a bit smaller than I'm used to but there were 6 pieces so it's forgivable. The taste is.. meh. Not a very exciting taste.
The Earl Grey Iced Tea on the other hand is very good. I was a bit surprised to be served with an Iced Earl Grey when I'm used to it being hot but they did good with it. The taste of this drink is very strong but not like strong-tasting iced tea of other food shops. The strong taste here doesn't come from too much sugar, like other shops, but from the strong tea flavor. This is probably the only real iced tea I've had.




Rating:

Service: 4/5
Place: 3.5/5

Chicken: 2.5/5
Iced Tea: 4.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment